Zone Bulgaria  
English
Bulgarian
Deutsch
French
Russian
 
Main Menu
Black Sea Coast > Tsarevo > History

History of Tsarevo

In ancient times there was a colony named Vassiliko. It was only in 1912 that the town was included into the territory of Bulgaria. The name of Tsarevo dates back to 1930s, and it is a Bulgarian translation of its old name. After 1944 it was renamed into Michurin, but today it has regained its former name. It is a big international port for medium passenger and cargo ships. The population earn their living with fishing, vine-growing, trade and tourism.

Home | Search | Site map | Copyright