||Southeast Bulgaria > Karnobat > Landmarks
Landmarks in KarnobatThe Clock Tower is situated in the old southern part of the town. It was built by Tryavna masters in 1841 as a Revival symbol of a prospering trade and crafts settlement. The St. Archangel Yoan Bogoslov Church (in the town centre, tel.: 0559 4271, working hours: 7.00 a.m. - 12.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.) with an iconostasis made by Debar masters, was built in 1880 in a Revival architectural style.
The Town Museum hosts a precious archaeological and ethnographic collection. The houses of Nikifor Minkov and Saroolou Bey are interesting with the wood-carvings in them. The Bencho Obreshkov Gallery (in the house of the communal cultural centre, downtown, working hours: 10.00 a.m. - 12.00 a.m. and 4.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.).